Monday 9 April 2018

"Original Watercolor painting titled "Flamingo Rising"




I decided I wanted to do a watercolor painting of a Flamingo.  If the Flamingo spirit animal appears in your life, it means it's time to turn to your emotions and use them.  Whatever you do, you should follow your heart because it will help you choose the right way.  I named this watercolor "Flamingo Rising" .  I wanted to use bold bright colors as if the Flamingo were rising from the flames.  I started the background first with several washes of bold colors and painted the flamingo in colors of red, fluorescent pink and flaming orange, leaving touches of white.

This is also a 5X7 and fits in an 8X10 frame with a mat.  It is painted on 140lb/300gsm premium watercolor paper.  All of my paintings are for sale on my facebook page DKJartoriginals


No comments:

Post a Comment