Sunday 15 April 2018

...Chanel, ...her favorite pair of jeans What a girl wants Art journal page

I belong to a facebook group called Maremi's Creative Cafe and there was a lady on there who took one of her paintings and traced it onto fabric, added stitching on her sewing machine and then colored them in and added to purses.

I was so totally impressed with her work I asked her if I could use her idea of putting an original painting of mine to fabric and she said she was fine.  Check out the beautiful purses, pin cushions, and eyeglass cases that she makes.  They are truly lovely.  You can find her in the Cafe under Lupe Catts.

I used one of my paintings and traced it onto muslin (the female torso in jeans, flower, chanel bag and ugg boot) (a thickness of three pieces of muslin)  I stitched around the pieces and added details with my sewing machine and then colored the fabric pieces with watercolor.  After the fabric pieces had dried, I then heat set them with an iron.

I have a tutorial on my blog (under the tutorial heading for a fanny pack that I made using the same technique.

Here is my art journal page using this tecnique:



No comments:

Post a Comment