Friday 11 January 2013

Halloween in Wonderland paper by Graphic 45




Hi Everyone,

I haven't had a chance to post anything recently as I have been cross stitching a baby blanket for my new grandson due the end of January.  I will post a photo of the blanket when I finish.  I do have the cross stitching finished but I just need to wait to add name and birth information before I add batting and backing to it.

Here is a project I finished in November that I am going to give to my son.  He was born on Halloween so that holiday has always been special in our house and he also has always loved Alice in Wonderland, even now as an adult.  Sooooo - I had the Graphic 45 Paper line Called Halloween in Wonderland and had been saving it trying to decide what I wanted to do with it and this is what I came up with.

This box was a Kaisercraft storage unit that I have had for quite some time and I decided that was what I would decorate for my son.  The box came flat packed so I glued the box together and then I painted everything black.  I then sanded around the edges in places where it would get worn if it was in constant use and then added Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink to those sanded parts.  I fussy cut pieces out of the Graphic 45 paper, glued them onto several layers of very thin chipboard and cut around them and decoupaged them onto the drawer fronts.  On the top and bottom drawers I added some die cut pieces and then dry brushed over them with cream colored paint.  Then I sprayed a matt finish varnish over the whole piece.

Thank you for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment