Thursday 19 April 2018

Art Journal page using Jane Davenport Fabulous Figures book and Beautiful faces book

I have for some time been in awe of the beautiful faces and "girls" that Jane Davenport creates.

I ordered her Beautiful Faces Book and her Fabulous Figures Book and I'm so glad I did.

I don't draw well, but faces and figures are the worst for me so I decided to purchase these two books to see if they would help me learn to quickly and easily draw the female face and form.

I'm quite happy with this attempt.  I was watching one of her youtube videos where she shows how she draws with prisma colored pencils and I thought I would give it a go, although I have no colored pencils if you can believe it!!

I have prisma watercolor pencils and polychromo pencils so I thought I would do a couple of tests to see if I could come up with the same results by using what I had.

Here are the faces I completed and I've written on the journal what I used for each figure.


No comments:

Post a Comment