Monday 28 May 2018

This was my teabag art for the 28th of May 2018 - Lighthouse


my teabag art for today.  This was an unprimed used tea bag and I used Inkadinkadoo Stamp Set "Down by the Seaside".  Then I used gouache to paint it.  

This one was a bit tricky because when trying to stamp it I realized that quite a bit of the stamp was going to stamp solid and in this case I was using Ranger Black Archival ink and that meant the red stripes on the lighthouse, the hillside, the setting sun were all going to be solid black so after I inked up the stamp, I wiped most of the black that I didn't want off - leaving a bit around the edges so the shape would still stamp and I ended up with a happy accident.

Because I couldn't wipe all of the ink away, I ended up with black shadows which worked in my favor.


No comments:

Post a Comment