Thursday 31 May 2018

New Art Journal Page "Don't ask why, ask instead Why Not" John F. Kennedy



Just completed this Art Journal page after watching several of Marta Lapkowska's videos on mixed media on youtube.  "Don't ask why, ask instead Why Not".  A quote by John F. Kennedy.  The supplies I used:  chipboard, clothing tags, puzzle pieces, teabag tags, tissue paper, gesso, acrylic paint, drywall tape, masking tape, glass beads by Liquites, Heidi Swapp color shine Georgia Peach and black velvet, Tattered Angels Glimmer mist Haunted Shadows adn Turquoise Blue, twine, transferred butterfly image, matte medium and gold metallic run ons.

I covered the background and all of the chipboard/background elements with Collections tissue paper and then added a light coat of gesso to everything allowing some of the tissue paper to still peek through.  I then added turquoise acrylic paint to the background rubbing some off while still wet with a baby wipe so you could still see some of the tissue paper.  

I then added glass beads by liquitex and while that was drying, I took an inkjet printed butterfly and painted matte medium on the front of it and matte medium on a piece of watercolor paper, then layed the image face down on the watercolor paper and burnished with a spoon.  After a couple of minutes I rubbed off the white paper to reveal the transferred image.

I wet the background and added my color shine and glimmer mists one at a time and sprayed each of them again with water until I like the movement and then dried with my heat gun.  I then added my butterfly and title and then put gold rub-ons over various areas of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment