Tuesday 22 May 2018

My teabag art for the day, Entry into the Dina Wakley, Ranger Ink May Challenge - #showusyourmedia #rangerink #timholtz


This is my teabag art for today - it is my entry into the May challenge #showusyourmedia for Dina Wakley and Ranger Ink - where you have been or where you want to go.  

This is two teabags with a cotton ball in between (glued together with Dina Wakley gel medium.  I glued on a faucet handle, buttons and a butterfly, used Dina Wakley lime heavy body acrylic paint, aztec gold mica powder, water and hair spray in a mini mister to give me the gold shimmering lime green background.  I added some Collections elements tissue paper with Matte Medium - sewed around the cotton ball on my machine with black thread, did some texture with DecoArt stencil 201506 and Tim Holtz black distress ink and with Ranger Black archival ink I stamped another circle of stitching around the cotton ball (this stamp came from Ali Express).

To finish it off I stitched some DMC floss up through the cotton ball and added a blue/black bead to the end.  My title was typed on my manual typewriter.

No comments:

Post a Comment