Saturday 5 May 2018

Amazing Adventure - Africa Art Journal Page


This Art Journal page is one of my favorites!  I used various stencils and stamps to create the background using Tim Holtz distress inks and distress oxides.

I then took a used tea bag and opened it up, primed it with one coat of gesso as I still wanted the tea stain to peek through.  After drawing my giraffe with pencil on the tea bag.  I used my gouache paints to color the giraffe and added permanent ink details.

After the giraffe was dry, I stitched the tea bag to a used baby wipe to give it more stability and then layered pieces of muslin behind it and at bottom left of layout that I had painted some gesso on and then stamped to mimic the markings on a zebra and leopard.   I used a Tim Holtz Die for the alphabet in my title and also a Tim Holtz mixed media die for the diamond pattern cardstock piece at the bottom left.

Thank you for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment