Tuesday 25 September 2018

My teabag art for today is another mixed media with a butterfly as the focus

My teabag art for today - I think I rescued this one.  I'm happy with it anyway.  I had painted a floral with watercolor on the teabag and I just didn't like it.  I was going to paint over the whole thing with white gesso and start over and I looked at it and thought what if I put a circle or something over just the bloom parts and painted around it so I looked through my templates and I had a butterfly so I placed it where I wanted and painted around it with black acrylic paint.  Then I thought, ok, now what - I love the butterfly part but???  So I wrote on the black paint with a white gel pen and black ink pen and added a bit of stenciling with acrylic paint and was pleased with the results.  Funny how that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment