Sunday 7 September 2014

Nightmare Before Christmas Clock








My daughter in law is obsessed with Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas Movie so I told her I would make her something with the Nightmare Before Christmas theme so here is my take on it.  I hand painted the background of Tim and Sally and bumped it up in front of a handpainted rendition of a scary halloween background that I painted, added a decoupaged RIP headstone, a handpainted pumpkin, some diecut and distressed leaves, some jute twine and a die cut spider.  For the clock itself, it is a Tim Holtz Ideology Assemblage clock that I added a time mechanism to. I gessoed the clock, then  painted it in flat black acrylic paint.  When that was dry, I sprayed it with Tattered Angels Haunted Shadows Glimmer mist which gave it a purple tint. I then cross stitched some little patchwork pieces to mimic sally's dress and added them to random places around the clock.  I died some flowers and seam binding using Tattered Angels Haunted Shadow Glimmer Mist and Heidi Swapp Black Velvet Color Shine.  I stamped some random stamps and embossed them in silver embossing powder randomly on the clock.  The flowers are Kaiser craft and some from bargain city, a scary tree svg file I found on a google sear, I use black diamond stickles on the tree and the spider, florist wire for the spirals and added  a skeleton, a skeleton hand, and a bat charm.  She said she loved it!  Thank you for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment