Monday 11 June 2018

Art journal Page: "A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song" Maya Angelou

I started with the page on the left and then the page after I cut off just leaving about an inch sticking out from the center spine so that I could glue a tag to it.  

This page was primed with white gesso and texture paste was added to the page through a stencil (no name on stencil so not sure where it came from).  Once the testure paste was dry, I added ShinHan watercolor and sprayed it with water to get it to bleed and run into each other.  After the watercolor was dry, I fitted the stencil back over the texture paste design and added Faber Castell Glass Bead Glitter gel over some of the texture (I LOVE THIS STUFF!!)

I then had some shipping tags my husband brought home from work for me in various colors (this one was originally green)  I primed the tag with one coat of white gesso and then I slapped on some lime and navy acrylic paint and blended them with a dry brush with white gesso on it.  I stamped the 2 circles with stitching with a stamp set from Carabelle Studio #SA6018R in Colorbox white pigment ink.  I then stamped some screen texture with some No name stamps I have in Momento nautical blue ink.  I added some Faber Castell Glass Bead Glitter gel through DecoArt stencil 201705.  

I stamped the bird (Dark Room Door "Garden Birds" stamp set) on watercolor paper using Ranger Jet Black archival ink - then colored it with ShinHan watercolors.  I added drywall tape and cheesecloth and Martha Stewart punch of leaf clusters behind the bird and glued it down.  I then die cut the birds on a wire which was a die I got from the Craft Queen stall at the Brisbane Scrapbooking and Papercraft Expo.  I glued the tag to the little one in piece of the adjoining page and then trimmed the piece down to the shape of the tag.


No comments:

Post a Comment