Saturday 22 September 2012

You Are So Beautiful



This is another scrapbook page of my granddaughter Suri taken on her 2nd birthday.  The paper collection I used was from Kaisercraft the Dancing Jewel Collection - this paper is double sided called Quartz.  I used both sides.  I love the colours in this paper.  I started out on the background paper by using a 12X12 template (stencil) by The Crafter's workshop called Flutterby.  I used texture paste to put the butterfly design on the right side of the paper.  The texture paste is somewhat transparent when it dries so you can still see the paper design through the butterflies.  I then used a free svg cut file called "Gothic Gate" that I got from svgcuts.com and I painted the base of it plum and after that dried I painted crackle medium on it and let dry, then painted cream on top and you can slightly see the plum colour through the cracks in the paint.  I designed the svg cut files for my fuchsia flowers and the svg cut of my granddaughter Suri.  I put the paper doll behind the wheelbarrow to make it look like she is sitting in the wheelbarrow.  The wheelbarrow was stamped with "Stamps Happen, Inc." stamp #60024 wheelbarrow and then I cut it out and added some handmade flowers to it.  The "You are Beautiful" label is from a die cut and stamp set by Die-namics called Polka Dot Greetings.  I really love the De-namics sets because you get several mix and match stamps that can be used on the die cut made from the die that comes with the stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment