Friday 13 July 2012


Hi Everyone, I just wanted to share a card that I made for my cousins wedding.  I don't remember what pack the paper came from, it was a scrap leftover from another project a while ago but the card base is white with a black mat and then the foiled black and silver and white patterned paper.  Then I cut a black scalloped circle about 3 1/2" and a white circle about 2 3/4".  I ran the white circle through my cuttlebug using the swiss dots embossing folder.  The Bride and Groom are free cutfiles I found on adamsacres.com.  I cut the shadow in black and then cut the other pieces in different colors on my Cricut.  I highlighted the black tuxedo pieces with white ink, covered the white dress overlay with a thin layer of glue and sprinkled fine white glitter on it and inked the body pieces with antique linen (Tim Holtz), the Brides hair with a dark gold ink, and the grooms hair with vintage photo (Tim Holtz).  I then cut 3 small circles as a base and then using my 1/8" hole punch I punched out "confetti" in different colors and glued to the circles for the bouquet.  The small leaves are from a sizzlits die that I have had for ages.  I glued on white pearlescent seed bead on her ear and strung 4 more on thread and glued at the back of the neck.  The sentiment is mounted on a filligree label - these were printed on white on a sheet of cardstock.  I got them at a class I took and I scanned the label page and print them on cardstock and use them frequently on my cards.  I printed the Mr and Mrs on my computer using white cardstock, glued the label to black cardstock and then cut around the label leaving about a 1/4" border of black.  I cut slits on both sides of the swiss dot circle and threaded grossgrain white/black ribbon through it and tied a knot.  The only things I put on pop dots were the Bride and groom and the label.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment