Wednesday 14 December 2011

My 2011 Xmas Card Design

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to share my 2011 Xmas Card.  I used a stampin up stamp called Happy Christmas Mate from 2009-2010 collection.  I stamped it on watercolor paper and then used watercolor pencils to color the design and then I scanned it and duplicated it multiple times on a page and printed the images on watercolor paper so that I did not have to color each one.  I had so many cards to do I didn't have time to color each one.  I apologize but I do not know the name of the paper I used for the background or the paper I used to cut he flowers from.  It was something I picked up from my local scrapbook store and had what I interpreted as waves and hibiscus flowers which was appropriate for an Australian Xmas Card. I scanned in one of the flowers and imported it into word as a watermark and then Typed Happy Holidays mate over the water mark and I used a diecut to cut out the stamp.  I then used stickles for the lights and the centers of the flowers on his swim trunks, puff paint on his beard and then glossy accents for the splashes of water.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment