Wednesday 14 December 2011

A Moment in time



Another layout that I completed with a photo of me with my son and my Grand Daughter Claire.  The photo was taken in May/June 2011 when I visited them.  I used a piece of beige cardstock and a lacy vintage looking paper that I had in my stash for the background.  I used a distress ink on the cardstock and also stamped flowers around the outside edge with the same distress ink.  I also distressed the edges.  I cut the circle using my george basic shapes cricut cartridge and painted it with cream acrylic paint, then applied crackle medium and then brown acrylic paint to crackle the finish.  I then applied some turquoise acrylic paint using a dry brush technique and it ended up looking like a copper finish that had weathered.  I cut the birdhouse and cupid out of a svg file with SCAL software using my cricut and also applied the crackle finish to the bird cage.  All of the flowers are handmade.  The one in the top left corner is just made from gathered lace with a button.  The large flowers were made from the Tim Holtz die "tattered florals" and the small roses were made with cream card stock and several layers of scallop punched circles that I punched using a scallop punch that I have.  The leaves also were made using a punch and then distressed with inks and chalks. The small rosebud type shapes were made by gluing two irridescent beads to a florist wire and then I cut some teardrop shaped card stock and rolled one teardrop around the beads and then glued one teardrop on either side of the rolled shape.  These cream colored flowers were all chalked with a peach colored chalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment